Note: This is a three column page; actually all the pages here are three columns wide. If third column is not appearing for you, please just stetch your browser's view of the document to its full width and they should all show fine. There is a surprising disparity in appearance from different screens and different browsers!

ARTICLE DIRECTORY


Things are not as they seem ... Nor are they otherwise

THE BUTTON!

THE BUTTON!
Warning: Press at Your Peril - Thoughts and Ideas Inside!

16.10.08

Post-Debate: McCain's Only Chance Now

October 16, 2008

Post-Debate: McCain's Only Chance Now
He lost the debate ... at least in the mind of the public and they are the ones that ultimately decide these things. He is way behind, depending on which poll you follow. Time is about out. He has, absent an unexpected major event, only one realistic chance, imho. That chance is that the following (well researched, well documented) article is widely read and understood. This issue was raised briefly many months ago then it "disappeared" from the punditocracy. Somewhat to my surprise (I was dubious when I first looked into it) it appears to be accurate and a potentially serious concern. (Also I now have some thoughts and theories on why the Islamic world is keeping mum on it until after the elections).

There aren't many life-rings left to throw to McCain's campaign. If you agree with this please tell everybody to come and read and add what they know in the comments section. I'm sure there is much that can be added to this and your comments will help the spreading of this understanding to gather momentum. If you (intelligently) disagree ... if you can find where I've made mistakes of fact or logic ... please tell me that also! I'm not on a witch hunt. You'll see I've not been totally supportive of McCain if you read some of my other posts. I have an open mind here. Convince me and I'll change it!

This is a critical issue! If this is right, we don't dare elect Obama! And ...

Uurgh. I can tell this blog is getting too "heavy". I know these are critical issues, but sometimes a little humor is necessary to take the edge off. So take a couple minutes and watch this "thoughtful commentary" on electing Barack Hussein Obama! :-)

Back to "heavy". This really is a critical issue. And the campaign season is nearly over. It really may be that if people understand (the post below this), McCain wins; and if they don't, Obama does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the best video I've seen in a long time. Now THAT is political commentary! Thanks for the fun.

Ak Joe

Anonymous said...

I read your comment at WaPo...

You're afraid of Barack Obama.

When you say, "really seems to be something to the apostacy issue" it makes me wonder what in the world you've been told, and why you - a seemingly educated and curious person - seem unable to discount the "hogwash". Your fear seems irrational and vague to me.

Vote for McCain-Palin, if it makes you feel safer. I'm sure Alaska will be red this year. But it's really looking like Obama will win the election.

Based on my reading and analysis, I'm confident that you have nothing to fear, and everything to celebrate, about an Obama presidency. But based on what you've written, I believe you'll have to discover that for yourself.

Best wishes for resolving your fear.

Anonymous said...

If you're still "worried" about Obama after all the vetting he's undergone (and the unbelievable standard he must live up to to avoid giving ANY red meat to his critics on the far right)
Just look at who advises him (Robert Reich, Paul Volker, Warren Buffet..T.Boone Pickens!). Look at his temperment and ability to let stop, think about what's most important, explain himself, and let the distracting insults roll off him and focus back on serious issues at hand.
Look how well he's run his campaign, financially, managerially, issues-focused. (Compared to McCain's which ran through millions and was on verge of bankruptcy until he regrouped in New Hampshire and rode that win to build it back up).
Look at the number of "ordinary Joes and Josephines" he inspires to volunteer for him, attend his speeches, knock on doors.
Look how he takes the high road when attacked.
Look at the sheer numbers of young people he has inspired to get involved, register, get interested in political process.
If Colin Powell comes out to endorse him, as I think he will. THEN will you quit worrying?

Anonymous said...

Actually it is McCain that scares me. As Rolling Stone noted in its cover story. "It seems we've been vetting the wrong candidate."
Please "pop on over" and read new information it reveals about McCain's long service to his country:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

Backwoods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Backwoods said...

Thanks for the comments, folks. Kali ... you are close, but not quite right when you say I'm afraid of Barack Obama. First of all, I'm not a man that scares easily. And I'm not afraid of him. But I will fully admit (that for my children's sake if nothing else) I AM afraid of what will happen to this country if Obama is elected. If we are incredibly lucky he will be simply a failed "Jimmy Carter" presidency who gets booted after four years of pathetic indecision. I very much doubt we'll be that lucky. But it seems too incredible to believe that Obama got where he is on his own (although I'm sure he believes it - woke up on third and thought he hit a triple). The thought that someone with as thin a resume' as his could have scrapped his way to the top of the heap is ... (I'm sorry, but it's true) incredibly naive. He was selected for his pretty face and ability to read a teleprompter well. [The ex-]Daley's Chicago Machine is what put him into national contention.

No. Obama doesn't have enough substance to scare me. It is whoever the puppet-masters are that will be pulling his strings that scare me. We have no idea who we are voting for if we pull the lever for Obama. That ought to scare the stuffing out of you too.