Note: This is a three column page; actually all the pages here are three columns wide. If third column is not appearing for you, please just stetch your browser's view of the document to its full width and they should all show fine. There is a surprising disparity in appearance from different screens and different browsers!

ARTICLE DIRECTORY


Things are not as they seem ... Nor are they otherwise

THE BUTTON!

THE BUTTON!
Warning: Press at Your Peril - Thoughts and Ideas Inside!

15.9.08

Why Did the Chicken ...?

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Why Did the Chicken ... ?
Today is just for fun. I received a forward of spoof "famous people's answers" to the question of why the chicken crossed the road. I sent it on and a correspondent wrote back that they were funny, but that there weren't many women represented. So ... to remedy that ... I exercise my poetic license and submit the following:


Diane Feinstein:
Look, in California, especially San Francisco, we don't care which side of the road the chicken wants to walk on and people should just stop analyzing why the poor hen wants to cross over and just be accepting of it.

Hilary Clinton:
Bill promised me that he didn't cross the road with that chicken and I believed him. I am deeply hurt.

Margaret Thatcher: Because the chicken has a will of iron and shall meet and cross any obstacle necessary for the good of its people ... or, uh, chickens.

Madonna:
Yum! I think it is great. I think all chickens ought to try crossing the road at least once. I've done it. Be like me and Britney!

Britney Spears:
What she says!

Janet Jackson:
It didn't mean to! It was an accident. There was a fencing malfunction and it just sort of popped out onto the road.

No comments: