Note: This is a three column page; actually all the pages here are three columns wide. If third column is not appearing for you, please just stetch your browser's view of the document to its full width and they should all show fine. There is a surprising disparity in appearance from different screens and different browsers!

ARTICLE DIRECTORY


Things are not as they seem ... Nor are they otherwise

THE BUTTON!

THE BUTTON!
Warning: Press at Your Peril - Thoughts and Ideas Inside!

12.9.08

I Beat The Pollsters!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I Beat the Pollsters!
Well ... I nailed that one. Actually, there were simply no surprises for me this election. I am again bemused by all the sound and fury in the last few weeks by professionals, and others, who simply should have known better. The "experts" are all surprised? All they need to do is listen to me! :-) Whether or not I like being right on this is irrelevant ... just that with a little objectivity, the reality of the situation wasn’t hard to decipher.

On my October 22 post, "Pollsters Getting Kerry’d Away", below, I claimed that this election people were lying to pollsters and that once in the voting booth, a lot of people in the "Kerry column" according to the pollsters would grit their teeth and vote for Bush.

I said "If I’m right ... not only will the pre-election polls be wrong ... but the 'exit interview' polls will be as well". That prediction bore out as well. See for example, today’s Fox News article "Egg on Face of Exit Pollsters". A tidbit quote from the article: "'Either the exit polls are completely wrong or George Bush loses,' FOX News analyst Susan Estrich said." [Citation Expired]

If they had only read my blog, they would have known better! :-)

No comments: